Formulated with European Black Elderberry extract, Astaxanthin extract, L-theanine, Vitamins and Minerals to provide wholesome nourishment to a growing child.
Good to Know:
OPTI-Kids is formulated with European Black Elderberry and Astaxanthin from Japan. It is rich in flavonoids, standardized anthocyanin (14%), polyphenols, and antioxidants that are proven to have many health benefits.
Direction for Use:
Shake well before open. Consume 1 tablespoon (15ml) directly or mix with a glass of water.
Keep in a cool and dry place. Protect from light and moisture.
European Black Elderberry, Isomaltulose (1.5g/15mL), Mix Berry Powder, Astaxanthin Extract, Vitamin C, L-Theanine (100mg/15mL), Marigold Flower Extract and Zinc Gluconate. Contains permitted preservatives. Contains acidity regulator and solvent as permitted food conditioners.
What is OPTI-Kids?
OPTI-Kids is a botanical beverage and chewable tablet with an appetising sweet-sour berries flavour specially designed for children. It is scientifically formulated with Eldercraft® European black elderberry extract, AstaReal® Astaxanthin extract, Sun-theanine® L-theanine, vitamins and minerals that target the brain, eyes, and immune system.
“3 main imported active ingredients in 1 bottle of goodness”
Keep their immune system healthy and fortified!
Every parent wants the best for their child’s health, and eating a healthy, well-balanced diet is so important for growth and development. But let’s be honest… how many of our kids actually do that everyday, if ever?
Regardless of your child’s eating habits, this formula is a true way to make sure they are getting essential vitamins and minerals needed for their optimum performance of targeted organs and immune health.
Fuel for play： Kids need the energy to fuel their active days. Growing children, just like adults, can benefit from OPTI-Kids in terms of energy metabolism support, allowing them to enjoy their busy fun-filled days to their fullest.
“Formulated with European Black Elderberry extract, Astaxanthin extract, L-theanine, Vitamins and Minerals to provide wholesome nourishment to a growing child.”
OPTI-Kids chewable tablet
OPTI-Kids botanical beverage
Astaxanthin, a Unique Antioxidant Like No Other
Having survived 1.5 billion years, microalgae Haematococcus pluvialis is perhaps one of the most resilient organisms in nature. Natural astaxanthin, extracted from this microalgae, gives the reddish colour to marine animals such as salmon, crabs, and shrimp.
Known as the “King of Antioxidant”, it is a clinically proven ingredient with powerful antioxidant and broad anti-inflammatory properties. Unlike most common antioxidants e.g. vitamin C, natural astaxanthin can cross the blood-retinal and blood-brain barriers to protect the eyes and brain.
Today, children are spending more than two hours on digital devices daily. This number has skyrocketed with virtual schooling. Overexposure to blue light due to prolonged screen time can cause Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS), which includes eye strain, dry and irritated eyes, headaches, decreased attention span, and even poor sleeping habits. Children’s eyes might not be able to filter blue light as effectively as adults, which affects their eyesight.2
“Ultimate Nutrient that helps Refocus Your Kids’ Tired Eyes”
OPTI-Kids is a botanical beverage/ chewable tablet with an appetising sweet-sour berries flavour specially designed for children. It is scientifically formulated with Eldercraft® European black elderberry extract, AstaReal® Astaxanthin extract, Sun-theanine® L-theanine, vitamins and minerals that targets the brain, eyes, and immune system.
AstaReal® Astaxanthin is clinically proven to:
- Improve accommodative function (how well the eyes’ ciliary muscle tightens and relaxes when seeing far or near objects). This improves eyesight quality by preserving the zoom-in and zoom-out refocusing of the eyes. 3
- Relieve eye fatigue symptoms by improving capillary blood flow in the retina. 4
- Alleviate eye inflammation and dry eye symptoms in people who use digital devices extensively. 5
- Improve the symptoms linked to CVS.
As being exposed to blue light is unavoidable, protecting eye health is important for the developing eye at every stage of life. Not only being a game-changing nutrient for the eyes, natural astaxanthin also serves as a targeted nutrient for our daily thriving. Have you ever wondered why salmon can swim hundreds of miles upstream, leaping up waterfall, to lay eggs? It’s because they consume this algae which contains natural astaxanthin to fuel their strength and daily movement.
European Black Elderberry, the Great Medicine Chest
Eldercraft® black elderberry extract is manufactured from premium Austrian black elderberries (Sambucus Nigra. L, 'Haschberg') using chemical-free extraction techniques.
Black elderberry is rich in naturally-occurring antioxidants -- anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are water-soluble pigments that give fruits the deep, blue-violet colour, typically berries. Black elderberry is among the top 3 fruits with the highest content of standardized anthocyanin (14%) 6.
“Natural Shield For Your Kids’ Immunity”
Black elderberry contains a variety of polyphenols, including flavonoids and flavonols, which act synergistically to support a healthy immune system by protecting body cells from free-radical damage. These antibacterial and antiviral properties are clinically proven to protect against influenza virus and bacteria, as illustrated in their clinical study below: 7
In a gold standard human clinical study, air travelers who administered Eldercraft® black elderberry experienced significant improvements: 8
- 50% less cold episodes with Eldercraft®
- 33% shorter illness duration
- 50% less symptoms
- 33% less severe symptoms
Sun-theanine® L-Theanine, the Mood-Calming Magic Ingredient
L-theanine is an amino acid found in green tea Camellia sinensis which naturally provides a calming and relaxing effect. Extracted using patented Japanese technology, Suntheanine® L-theanine is a 100% pure and safe form of L-isomer-theanine which is produced via fermentative biosynthesis. Backed up by 70 human clinical studies, it has been proven to promote a relaxed, focused and alert mind by increasing Alpha (α) brain waves and decreasing Beta (β) brain waves in the brain.
Our brain emits electrical impulses that influence our emotions, behaviours and thought. L-theanine increases α brain waves - the relaxation waves. α brain waves are slower and larger and are what we experience when we practice meditation. α brain waves help the kids to reduce stress and anxiety (both mental & physical), improve creative thinking and boost your kid’s attention span and concentration. 9
L-theanine also decreases β wave formation. β brain waves are smaller and faster, which reflect a state of anxiety, high energy and high arousal. β waves naturally increase when we drink coffee or energy drinks. Children with excessively high β activity may experience anxiety, insomnia, which makes their concentration and interpretation difficult.
“Relieves Anxiety and Stress”
“A Natural Calming Sleep Aid”
Mental health is an integral part of children’s overall health. Many children experience stress and anxiety about wanting to perform well in school, coping with overly-packed schedules, and trying to fit in with peers.
When the kids are stressed out, they may experience short term emotional and behavioural changes e.g. moodiness, aggression, difficulty in concentrating or completing schoolwork, refusal to go to school, withdrawing from family or friends, decreased appetite and having sleep problems. Therefore, a calm focused and alert mind is important for the kids to perform better in their academic and sports performance.
Unique Features of OPTI-Kids
Wholesome Nourishment for Your Awesome Kids
All the main active ingredients in OPTI-Kids are carefully selected and imported from overseas. OPTI-Kids caters your kids with the right and exact nutrients to enable them to go extra miles, without compromising their physical and mental health during their growing stage. OPTI-Kids cares for your kids’ eyesight, immunity, and overall well being.
OPTI-Kids offers optimal nourishment to growing kids:
- Protects & improves eye health
- Fights against cough, cold & flu
- Protects against Influenza virus & bacteria
- Improves quality of sleep
- Sharpens mental acuity, increases attention span & productivity in a relaxed state
- Enhances exercise performance
- Shake well before open.
• Children 2½ - 5 years old = 7.5mL
• Children 6 - 12 years old = 15mL
- Two (2) chewable tablets once a day.Chew well before swallow.
Certified by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia
AstaReal is a brand name of Astaxanthin Extract. AstaReal registered trademark of Fuji Chemical Industries Co. Ltd, Japan.
GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
MeSTI (Makanan Selamat Tanggungjawab Industri)
- Shimidzu, N. et al. Carotenoids as singlet oxygen quenchers in marine organisms. Fish. Sci., 62, 134–137 (1996).
- Tosini G. et al. Effects of blue light on the circadian system and eye physiology. Molecular Vision 2016; 22:61-72.
- Takahashi N. et al., Effects of astaxanthin on accommodative recovery. J Clin Therap Med. 2005;21(4):431-36. (IN JAPANESE)
- Nagaki Y. et al., The effects of astaxanthin on retinal capillary blood flow in normal volunteers. J Clin Therap Med. 2005;21(5):537-42. (IN JAPANESE)
- Huang, et al. (2016). “A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of oral antioxidants supplement therapy in patients with dry eye syndrome.” Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology.10:813-820.
- Eldercraft European Black Elderberry: Immune Support - Product Information, The Fruit Company, IPRONA.
- Zakay-Rones, Z., Varsano N., Zlotnik M., et al. Inhibition of several strains of influenza virus in vitro and reduction of symptoms by an elderberry extract (Sambucus nigra L.) during an outbreak of influenza B Panama. J Alt Compl Med. 1995;1(4):361–9.
- Tiralongo, E. et al. Elderberry supplementation reduces cold duration and symptoms in air-travellers: A randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Nutrients. 2016;8(4).
- Higashiyama, A. et. al. Effects of l-theanine on attention and reaction time response. J Func Food. 2011; 3(3):171-178.
- Rao TP, Ozeki M, Juneja LR. In Search of a Safe Natural Sleep Aid. J Am Coll Nutr. 2015;34(5):436-47. doi: 10.1080/07315724.2014.926153. Epub 2015 Mar 11. PMID: 25759004.
- Hidese, S., et. al. Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial. MDPI, Nutrients, 2019; 11(10): 2362.